Saturday, September 1, 2012

Follow up to "simple walk"

Another "simple walk" with Pere Phanold and seminarian...we visited people in Nouvo Bidaw who had moved off Bidaw island to escape Isaac.  While on our walk, I mentioned the sick baby to the group, and then asked that the baby be brought to us.  Pere Phanold blessed and all said healing prayers for the baby.

The following Monday Magali, who said she would be responsible for getting the baby to the doctor, came to me, for the money I had promised for the doctor visit.  Baby was all wrapped in a white blanket ready to go.  I gave Magali enough for the doctor, medicine, and taxi.  (1100 goudes)  That afternoon I waited and waited for them to return and give me the doctor report. 

For this blog, all I can say is I never received any report from the doctor, or a receipt.  The baby and mother took off for Port au Prince, Magali said that she didn't steal the money.  Rumors were that Magali took the money and baby never got to doctor...at this point, I don't know. 

No comments:

Post a Comment