Friday, October 5, 2012

Butterflies and gardens.

It's so easy for me to put off writing.  Thoughts whirl through  my mind that I'll "write tomorrow", or "later on today".  "Who is really interested in what I have to say?" is another way to procrastinate.  I know, however, that a few people are interested, so that's why I'm sitting at my computer at this moment, on the second floor galri with not a breath of a breeze, as the sun sets to the west.

Earlier today I walked by the garden where we have planted twenty four banana trees, as many coconut trees, and beans that have sprouted and are growing into fine plants.  I have high hopes for this garden and have invested in a strong "live" fence to keep out the goats that can devour an entire garden in one sitting.  I've also made contact with a garden expert who will watch over the new plants, remove weeds, cultivate, and water the young plants when there is not rain.  We are grateful that it has rained a slow gentle rain several times since planting.  In another area, the "nursery", healthy tomato plants have grown from seed, carefully nurtured by Wonel.  Just as I stopped to admire the garden, hundreds of butterflies descended, white and yellow beauties, twirling and dancing all around.  Butterflies, the symbol of new life, dancing above my garden.  Is this a sign that with care the garden will flourish?  Is this a sign of "new birth", birth of lots of nourishing fruits and vegetables for everyone to enjoy?  Or is this simply Mother Nature?  Whatever the reason, if there indeed is a reason, the sight took my breath away and put me in closer touch with the One who created gardens and butterflies and me.



1 comment: