Sunday, September 22, 2013

Is He coming or is He already here?

It's a quiet Sunday afternoon with the kids visiting their parents.  I have time to think.  And the thought that kept running over and over in my mind is that we Christians are waiting for the return of Jesus.  I honestly don't know if He'll return in the way that we expect.  As I see it, He has returned, and keeps returning, except we miss Him.  I see Him every day in the poor children who live with me;  I see Him in the eyes of their destitute parents as they struggle to get together another meal.  I see Him every day in the disabled man I call "Net" (because it means perfect) who comes here to beg a meal.  I see Him in the girl who I'm caring for who has returned to Bondeau after being a child slave most of her life. 

We keep waiting for the return.  And yet, He is here.  We just don't see Him.  Or is that we refuse to see Him?

1 comment:

  1. He is alive in the loving hands and feet and heart that you bring to your ministry! Bless you for your unfailing love and compassion to the poor!

    ReplyDelete