Thursday, September 18, 2014

Home again, home again!

I returned to Kay Timoun five days ago and have not stopped for a minute since I've been back.  The children have started school and are thrilled with their new school uniforms and "like new" shoes.  Cawol quickly wrote a list of all the school books that are needed and went to Miragoane on a moto taxi to purchase them.  Wonel stocked the depot with food and water, all transported on the motor cycle.  He ran into a problem on the way to the market, as there was a rock-throwing demonstration and the road was blocked.  He immediately made he way home, as not to get caught up in the melee.

The children were all smiles, hugs, and kisses when they returned to Kay Timoun.  Thank God, they are all healthy, although visibly thinner.  I know they didn't eat three meals a day when they were with their parents.  Probably only one meal.   

Claudette was one of our first visitors, along with her newborn baby boy.  The baby is tiny, so I'll keep a watchful eye and make sure that he gets enough to eat.  I'll prepare baby formula, as Claudette herself is undernourished and has very little breast milk.  Kay Timoun is also providing food for Claudette's two year old twin girls, who first came here when they were infants.

Two nights ago it poured rain at about 9:00PM.  The kids ran around in the pouring rain, shouting thank you to God for the rain, and filling up buckets, basins, and anything that holds water.  When I saw lightening flash, I put an end to their fun and made them come inside.  They walk the mountain trail every day to the water source and carry jugs home, so a downpour saves them a trip.  We will be so happy when we have a deep water well to serve the community!

I want to sincerely thank everyone who is helping with Kay Timoun.  People give us beautiful clothes, shoes, school supplies, vitamins, and anything I ask for.  I am truly thankful.  I don't know how I'd keep everything running without your help.  I am especially thankful for money donations, which I use to buy food, pay tuition, pay for school uniforms, and all those other expenses that require cash.  I was able to buy much needed new beds for the girls' bedroom.  I am also able to help out poor kids in the community with food and clothes.

Be thankful for all you have. 


 

No comments:

Post a Comment